Re: [gardeners] Monday in the garden

Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:43:50 -0500

Harry Boswell wrote:

> [...]

I don't worry about, it's just a fact of life to me.

> Looks like Izzie is gonna come pay us a visit in
> Mississippi, up to 20-25 inches of rain possible in the
> south, somewhere between 4 and 10 expected up where I am.
> Good time to dig a pond, I guess!!  Not much wind expected,
> but of course there's the ever-present danger of tornadoes
> spitting out of these things, and the idiots who drive like
> the streets are in fine shape.  "We have met the enemy and
> he is us!"

Aha, another Pogo Possum fan. My favorite is "Run for your life, the dam
at the Loony Bin done bust."

> Good news is, clear and cool in the aftermath, lows down to
> 50 possible this weekend.  I'm so sick of heat and humidity,
> I may go run around nekkid first thing Saturday morning!!
> Yee-ha, it's finally cooled off!

We've been having temps in the low seventies/high sixties for last few
days. I reckon Isidore is sucking that cool air from up nawth down on
us.
Anyway, it's been nice of mornings and evenings.

> Harry
> (Anybody got those plans for an ark laying around)

No, but I can make you a deal on a large number of cubits of gopherwood.

George