Re: [gardeners] Getting ready already

Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:27:02 -0600

We get plenty of satsumas (aka mandarins) at this time of year. Friend
gifted me with about 20 lbs worth Tuesday night. Seems everyone had a
bumper crop this year. My sweet kumquats finally produced a good sized
crop and we're enjoying those. The loquat tree has set fruit for the
first time, won't be much but I'm looking forward to them anyway. I
intend to make a nice fruit salad for our Turkey day meal, satusumas,
Rio Red grapefruit, Pink Lady and Granny Smith apples, seedless grapes,
walnuts and a honey dressing with a little shredded coconut tossed in.

George