Re: [gardeners] Getting ready already

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:12:18 -0600

I grew so-called Chinese Yams one year Tom and they made a root more
like the African yam than a sweet potato. Problem with them was getting
rid of them, a tiny root piece left in place would grow more and if they
made leaves they left a "seed" at each leaf joint that would fall to the
ground and take root. I would have to say they were easier to get rid of
than Jerusalem artichokes, which I'm still trying to get rid of.

George