RE: [gardeners] Wildfires

lneuru (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 08:27:29 -0500

I am very, very sorry.  I can not imagine quite what that loss must feel
like and don't think there is really any way to describe it.  Lucinda

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Marc Winterburn
Sent: 22 December, 2002 5:00
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: [gardeners] Wildfires

Hi All, I have great sadness in my heart as I tell you all that on Friday we
had a wildfire sweep through our district and I lost everything except the
house and shed. I lost 100,000+ palm and cycad plants, 30,000 chillie plants
, over 250 varieties that all of my good friends world wide had so kindly
sent me the seeds for. I will update with some photos of the devastation in
the next couple of days but I am in shock. I lost a hot house , shadehouse
and everything else on the property. The house was saved by a water bomber
dropping a load at the critical time.
Marc in Austruckinfalia.