Re: Re: [gardeners] West Oz Weather

GizmoAZ (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:02:22 -0500

------=____1047488542447_f_0kBpnars

Are the nights cool?  That is why you do not have evap or air conditioning?

I have been down to Tombstone, Arizona, and absolutely love it there.  Most have no air, and only use evap during the day.  Beautiful climate, much nicer than metro-Phoenix.  Although, don't get me wrong, I love the climate here too.  It's just the population explosion that is driving me nuts.  Phoenix is now the fastest growing city in the United States.  Ugggg! :(

When I moved out here 10 years ago, I could drive 11 miles from interstate 10 to my house, with a scattering of farm houses here and there, a pleasant drive on a 2 lane country road.  Now there are subdivisions all the way up and down that stretch.  Coffeeshops, Grocery Stores, Walmart, Gas Stations.  It hardly seems possible that it happened as quickly as it did.  I'm thinking move to Tombstone when you retire, but I fear by then it will be just as bad there as it is here now.  They do get one snow a year.  Do you think that is enough to keep people from moving there ;)

Chat with you later,
Alan
--
Chandler, Arizona        Sunset Zone: 13
http://www.GardenersCorner.com

> From: Ron Hay <ronhay@pacbell.net>
> Date: 2003/03/12 Wed AM 10:47:36 EST
> To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
> Subject: Re: [gardeners] West Oz Weather
>

> Hello, again,
>
> Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Even though we live in Los Angeles, we are inland, cut off from the sea breezes by the Santa Monica Mountains, with the result that we are often 30 degrees F. warmer than on the immeidate coast, and often 15 degrees or more warmer than downtown Los Angeles, at the Civic Center.
>
> After such a heat wave, at anywhere from 105 degrees to 109 degrees F, which is extreme for  us, it takes days for the house to cool down. Sometimes in the morning, after having left all the windows open all night, it is still over 80 degrees F inside the house.
>
> And as for the veggies and garden plants, since that is NOT our rainy season, they must be cared for with regular irrigation/watering.
>
> Ron

------=____1047488542447_f_0kBpnars

<P>Hello, again,</P>
<P>Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Even though we live in Los Angeles, we are inland, cut off from the sea breezes by the Santa Monica Mountains, with the result that we are often 30 degrees F. warmer than on the immeidate coast, and often 15 degrees or more warmer than downtown Los Angeles, at the Civic Center.</P>
<P>After such a heat wave, at anywhere from 105 degrees to 109 degrees F, which is extreme for&nbsp; us, it takes days for the house to cool down. Sometimes in the morning, after having left all the windows open all night, it is still over 80 degrees F inside the house.</P>
<P>And as for the veggies and garden plants, since that is NOT our rainy season, they must be cared for with regular irrigation/watering.</P>
<P>Ron</P>

------=____1047488542447_f_0kBpnars--