RE: [gardeners] gasoline

Zelhart Alan-rpcs30 (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 08:21:33 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2EA3D.65A861D6

Yes, that is why our prices are high too.  Because of the oxygenated fuel mixture that we use.  I wrote and complained to the legislature.  One person replied back that they agree 100%, and that they had tried to get the governor to release the restriction on oxygenated fuel until they  get the two facilities that are down, back up.  The governor said no, so we are stuck paying the higher prices.  I paid $1.85 last night, so they do not appear to have gone up much more in the past 3 or 4 days.  It seems like they always go up right before the weekend here, so I'm thinking I should start buying my gas mid week ;)

You know, just to stay on the topic of gardening: It is an inconvenience, I can't buy as many roses as I usually do this time of year ;)  I have managed to sneak in 8 more roses though.  I purchased 2 this week at Home Depot, big healthy plants, in bloom!:

Our Lady of Guadalupe:
http://www.gardenerscorner.com/OurLadyOfGuadalupe.html <http://www.gardenerscorner.com/OurLadyOfGuadalupe.html>

Sophy's Rose:
http://www.gardenerscorner.com/SophysRose.html <http://www.gardenerscorner.com/SophysRose.html>

I also had three brought up from Tucson, rose cuttings, from a fellow rosarian:

Irene Watts:
http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/chinas/watts.html <http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/chinas/watts.html>

Lady Hillingdon:
http://www.coloredhome.com/fotos_de_rosas_4/rosa_Lady_Hillingdon_2.JPG <http://www.coloredhome.com/fotos_de_rosas_4/rosa_Lady_Hillingdon_2.JPG>

Mlle Franziska Kruger:
http://www.virtualgardens.net/rissasroses/image2/mmefk.jpg <http://www.virtualgardens.net/rissasroses/image2/mmefk.jpg>

Last but not least, one of my favorite places to buy roses from, the following came from "The Uncommon Rose".

Cardinal Hume:
http://www.gardenerscorner.com/CardinalHume.html <http://www.gardenerscorner.com/CardinalHume.html>

Mel Hulse:
http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/mosses/melhulse.html <http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/mosses/melhulse.html>

Out of Yesteryear:
http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/modern/yesteryear.html <http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/modern/yesteryear.html>

Renae:
http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/climbers/renae.html <http://www.rdrop.com/~paul/climbers/renae.html>

and last but not least, Yolande De Aargon:
http://www.gardenerscorner.com/yolandedAragon.html <http://www.gardenerscorner.com/yolandedAragon.html>

As George says, life is good!

Chat with you later,
Alan
--
Chandler, Arizona        Sunset Zone: 13
http://www.GardenersCorner.com <http://www.GardenersCorner.com>