Re: [gardeners] Sunday in the garden

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:14:05 -0600

Get you a truck and come on down. Make it a Thursday or Friday while the
wife is at work and I'll give you about a dozen azaleas. Dumb things are
a dingy grey-green most of the year and in the spring you get maybe a
week of bloom. We do have two that I think are pretty enough to keep,
they're a deep magenta and very striking. The rest are ordinary old pink
ones like 90 percent of the azaleas around here.

It was about 40F when I woke up this morning and the sun is now shining
brightly. Hopefully winter is truly over as I'm going to do my best to
till the main garden today and then plant the "seedlings" in the
greenhouse, some of which are already blooming.

George