RE: [gardeners] New listowner

Terry (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:51:31 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C306CE.9F3535C0

Hi Ron,

=20

You're lucky, crabgrass pales by comparison.  Quackgrass is a perennial
grass and just as tenacious as crabgrass but its creeping rhizomes are =
so
tough that they will push up through intact asphalt.  I've found the =
roots
growing right through 8" log fence posts.  The rhizomes can also run up =
10' or more before sending up a single blade of grass.

=20

Terry

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Ron Hay
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 4:08 PM
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: RE: [gardeners] New listowner

=20

Hi, Terry,

Is quackgrass anything like crabgrass? I must confess, I have never =
heard of
it.

=20

Ron

Van Nuys, CA

------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C306CE.9F3535C0

Hi Ron,

You’re lucky, crabgrass pales = by comparison.  Quackgrass is a perennial grass and just as tenacious = as crabgrass but its creeping rhizomes are so tough that they will push up = through intact asphalt.  I’ve found the roots growing right through = 8” log fence posts.  The rhizomes can also run up to 10’ or more = before sending up a single blade of grass.

Terry

-----Original = Message-----