Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:21:55 -0500

Elderberries grow wild around the most of the south of the US so I guess
it is. Do they require cold weather in OZ? Right now it's approaching
100F outside but a nice 78F inside. The ones we have are wild, planted
by the birds but produce a nice batch of berries for jelly or wine each
year. Unfortunately they now seem to be succumbing to some sort of wilt
so I will be taking them out completely once they quit bearing.

I'm getting ready to use my Ronco Dial-A-Matic to slice cucumbers to
make another batch of pickles. Also will peel and slice eggplant to put
up a batch of moussaka and we will work on putting up about 4 quarts of
fig preserves. Going to be a busy day.

George