Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:45:10 -0500

Nope, just a few slugs taking chunks out of the eggplant close to the
ground. So far the six plants have produced 64 fruit, picked 8 more this
morning getting ready in case TS Bill dumps some heavy winds on us. Also
picked a bucket of crowder peas and a good sized mess of green beans.
Cukes, way too many cukes this year. I'm getting ready to can 7 or 8
quarts of sweet pickles again this afternoon. After today the eggplant
and cukes get given away anyway we can. Don't leave your car unlocked. <VBG>

George