Re: [gardeners] Friday in the garden

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 11:50:06 -0500

I only grow two kinds of eggplant, the Japanese style and the heirloom
Louisiana Long Green, both are sweet and don't have to be salted and
pressed to get the bitter taste out. In addition storing anything in
olive oil in the U.S.A. is frowned on by the U.S. Department of
Agriculture, too big a chance of growing the botulism bug in that
anaerobic environment. I prefer to freeze them as drying eggplant, to
me, turns it into a particularly unsavory form of leather. B-)

George