Re: [gardeners] virus heads-up

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:41:06 -0600

At 05:05 PM 8/21/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Margaret: My computer is clean too. But, I keep getting ZILLIONS of emails,
>bounced by my server, that say the virus is trying to get through and they
>won't let it. I've had it actually show up on my machine once - and Norton
>zapped it. Jeez!
>
>Rosemary in KY
What I find so @#$% frustrating is that everyone goes to download "the
patch."  My ISP warns me that if I pick up the virus, they'll disconnect me
until I get the computer cleaned, and they give me an URL and tell me to go
download "the patch."  I go where I'm told, and am told to activate XP's
firewall (I'm very reluctant to do that since I have Norton's firewall in
place and activated), and follow their other two "steps."  I do not see a
@#@$%^ patch to download.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Margaret L