Re: [gardeners] virus heads-up

Jeanne L. (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:22:00 -0700

At 06:41 AM 8/22/03, you wrote:
>What I find so @#$% frustrating is that everyone goes to download "the
>patch."  My ISP warns me that if I pick up the virus, they'll disconnect
>me until I get the computer cleaned, and they give me an URL and tell me
>to go download "the patch."  I go where I'm told, and am told to activate
>XP's firewall (I'm very reluctant to do that since I have Norton's
>firewall in place and activated), and follow their other two "steps."  I
>do not see a @#@$%^ patch to download.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing
>wrong?  Margaret L

Margaret, so long as you receive your email as text and don't open any
attachments you are not expecting, you are safe.  Your Norton Antivirus
will protect you so long as you keep it up to date.  Never mind "the patch."

Jeanne

--

I went to the butchers the other day and I bet him 50 bucks that he
couldn't reach the meat off the top shelf.

He said, "No bet, the steaks are too high."