[Fwd: Re: [tomato] hot weather tomatoes]

bmprc@micron.net
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 07:42:26 -0800

--------------5C4F32F14014

connie hoy wrote:

> Michael D Johnston wrote:
> >
> > The weather here in Hawaii is fairly nice most of the year but very hot
> > and humid between July and mid-Sept. I've been thumbing through the
> > Totally Tomatoes catalog and wondering if Sunmaster/Heat wave, Solar Set,
> > and Sunny hybrids really do produce well during the hotter days and taste
> > good. Has anyone found a better variety or can recommend another catalog
> > dedicated mainly to tomatoes to puruse through? thanks :) Irene
>
> Irene,of those listed Tropic and Walter are supposed to be very heat,
> humidity tolerant as well as disease resistant.Others(listed)are
> Flora-Dade,Solar Set ,Heat Wave.Are all heat tolerant/hum as as well.Wish I had
> your problem.
> Connie In Idaho( where it was 17f this morn.)
All you hot/humid folks might like to check out:

Southern Exposure
Seed Exchange
P.O.B.158
North Garden,Va.22959
Cat.$3.(last I heard)

--------------5C4F32F14014

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 07:29:13 -0800
From: connie hoy <bmprc@micron.net>
To: Michael D Johnston <mjoh@aloha.net>
Subject: Re: [tomato] hot weather tomatoes

Michael D Johnston wrote:

> The weather here in Hawaii is fairly nice most of the year but very hot
> and humid between July and mid-Sept. I've been thumbing through the
> Totally Tomatoes catalog and wondering if Sunmaster/Heat wave, Solar Set,
> and Sunny hybrids really do produce well during the hotter days and taste
> good. Has anyone found a better variety or can recommend another catalog
> dedicated mainly to tomatoes to puruse through? thanks :) Irene

Irene,of those listed Tropic and Walter are supposed to be very heat,
humidity tolerant as well as disease resistant.Others(listed)are
Flora-Dade,Solar Set.are all heat tolerant/hum as as well.Wish I had

--------------5C4F32F14014--