Re: [tomato] keeping tomatoes

Tom Eilers (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:47:14 -0800

Howdy, We freeze a couple of bags full this way every fall.  By freezing
them on cookie sheets, or cake pans, they don't stick together when you
put them in bags for storage.  The resulting tomato of course is pretty
mushy when you thaw them, (the skin comes off real easy)  We use them
for making omelets, or when we want a little fresh sauce, but definitly
not for fresh eating.