Re: [tomato] Sorry

Thomas Giannou (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:12:19 -0800

Dear Olin,

Don't let people like some who are posting with such childishness drive you
off this list.  They are the same people who try to intimidate everyone who
posts any ideas not in line with their own.  They have been doing that to
others for quite a while on these various garden lists.  They seem to be the
same three people all the time for some reason.  I generally don't reply to
their obnoxious replies, but in a moment of weakness replied with the truth
to one of them and it set the three of them off.  I enjoy reading your posts
Olin.  Keep posting and asking questions.  There are a lot of people on this
list who don't behave that way and have good ideas to contribute.   I am
glad that some of the information I have shared with you from my own
gardening experiences with mycorrhiza have given you some additional insight
into possibilities that may work for you in your part of the country.

In fact, a man in California is going to send me some Bingo Tomato seeds.  I
am going to nuke some soil from outside in the microwave, add some sand and
worm castings, and a small amount of organic fertilizer, soak the seeds in
water until they germinate, and then plant them in that "potting soil" with
mycorrhiza inoculant.  The reason for the microwave is to not bring any
insect pests into the house.  It took me a month to get rid of the fungus
flies that came in on the soil of my pepper plant I brought in last fall.
It's not direct-seeding, but the soil will be from where I intend to plant
those tomato's.   I'll let you know how it turns out.

Best Regards,
Thomas Giannou
Spokane, Washington