[tomato] Re: Paul, Superthrive & list signatures

Orchid (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 10:50:15 -0500

Paul,  I'm not an advocate of the product SUPERTHRIVE, like I posted
earlier, their ads look like snake oil.  But when I did a search on it, I
came upon many orchid and carnivorous plant discussion groups debating it.
Most seemed to have a positive attitude about it.

I never, however heard directly from anyone using them on tomatoes, or
vegetables.  It supposedly contains vitamins b-1, rooting hormones, and 50
other vitamins.  Supposedly many federal and state govts. use it.  My friend
was at a plant show and he bought some.  It supposedly has been around for
40 years, and although I am not in the business, I was surprised that I
never heard of it before.

Anyway, I am trying it on my vegetable garden, and everything is "thriving".
Whether it is from the superthrive or not I do not know because I am not
using separate control veggies.  The only problem I've had was with my Santa
f1 seedlings that I started myself.  They were very leggy, and I'm convinced
it's because they didn't get enough light.

With all the experience and expertise on this discussion group, I thought I
would find someone who has also tried it.  I also wonder if it would be
useful or detrimental to use it in combo with the VAM Fungi that has
generated much discussion.

You asked me for the website, and here it is:
http://www.vitamininstitute.com/      Again, the ad looks like snake oil,
perhaps that adds to the charm to folksy people.

Also a humble suggestion to list members, I belong to a wildlife list, and
all members sign their postings with their name, agricultural zone #, and
their living area....that is the way I sign mine.  It helps because it lets
the reader know where you live and how it affects the answers or questions
you give.  Just a thought. Thanks for a great discussion group!

Thank you for answering my questions.

Pete,  Zone 10, South Florida