RE: [tomato] mycorrhizal Fungi

Orchid (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:19:09 -0400

So I can assume, once colonized with Vam, it should always be given low P.
That can be a minus if you use different methods.  If you shouldn't go over
2% P, and Vam increases uptake by X4, then giving 2% is like giving a P of
8.  So my question is, what is the difference between using Vam Fungi with
low P, and traditional methods using higher P?  Is the results going to be
better than giving tomato a fertilizer with 8 or 10 Phos.?

Peter, South Florida, Zone 10