RE: [tomato] Couple more tomatoes - need info?

William McKay (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Fri, 14 May 1999 07:09:37 PDT

I got them from Redwood City.  Their catalog says "abundant red fruits
varying from cherry size to 2 1/2 inches across.   Fruits round to sometimes
fluted...  60 days.   This should be interesting to see.

I think I have a few extra seeds.  If you want some, drop me a note and I
will send you some.

By the way.  A month or two I asked about tomatoes setting fruit at
temperatures below 50 degrees, making specific reference to some stupice I
had in an unheated greenhouse.  I was not sure about the first cluster,
since it flowered in my basement and may have set fruit before I put it
outside.  Now have three clusters which set fruit;  the last two while in
the greenhouse where it has been mighty cool at night.  The temperature has
never been above fifty since they went out (April 20 or so) and frequently
has been in the very low 40's. Nevertheless, clusters 2 & 3 set fruit.

Bill McKay in E. Mass