Re: [tomato] Cherokee Purple, Big Rainbow

margaret lauterbach (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:20:50 -0600

At 09:40 AM 6/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks Chuck
>
>so Big Rainbow is a big sprawling plant?  What about Cherokee Purple?  I
>guess that's what I really needed to know ;)
>
>Joy

It's also an indeterminate, as I recall, and will grow to 7 or 8 feet.
Chuck took the words out of my mouth when he advised against pruning tomato
plants. I hate sunburned tomatoes. They're fit only for the compost pile.
Since tomatoes need moist soil to take up the necessary calcium, I never
withhold water near the end of the season. The real "end" may surprise you
and be later than you expected.  Margaret L