Re: black toms and changes in tomato flavor was RE: [tomato] Great Book

Greg Park (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:34:19 -0700

Catharine wrote:

>to generalize about a variety's taste. And there are some varieties whose
>taste really changes through the season. Riesenstraube in particular is a
>"changling" for me. I don't like it much early in the season; later I rate
>it among my all-time favorites. I thought I was wierd about this until I
got
>to chatting with another grower; she made the same comment.

Interesting...I'm growing Riesentraube this year for the first time both in
the garden and in pots.  It'll be interesting to see how the taste varies.

Best regards,
Greg
Zone 9

PS:  I just got the Dr Male book and it is really good.  She talks about
pinching early blossoms...wasn't there a thread not too long ago talking
about that?