RE: Silvery Fir Tree - was RE: [tomato] Beautiful Pix

William McKay (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 05:55:17 PDT

After reading the posts, I walked outside to the deck and grabbed a ripe
tomato from the Silvery Fir Tree I have growing in a container.  (Good fruit
set;  four tomatoes on the first cluster).  Taste was ok, (better than the
stupice I have going) although the skin seemed a bit thick for me.  However,
it was a tad over ripe and also the first tomato from a vine never seems to
taste great.  I have high hopes for it.

By the way;  this year I had some extra tomatoes and sold them at the local
garden center.  They were much taken with the Silvery Fir because of its
foliage and compactness.  They thought it had great potential for sales as a
container plant.

Bill McKay in E. Massachusetts