Re: [tomato] Hot Pepper Hands--Update

Richard Yarnell (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:40:24 -0700 (PDT)

Everyone, I do mean everyone, should have a plant somewhere in the house
or yard.  They do freeze, but other than that, they are easy to handle.
If burned (heat, sun, chemical) rip a "leaf" off the plant, split it, and
rub on the juice.  Doesn't replace other treatment for serious burns, but
it helps, both immediately and over several days.

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Doreen Howard wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who suggested remedies for my burning hands--due to
> roasting and peeling more than a gallon of Jalapenos and Habaneros.  I had
> tried some of them already--the milk, bleach and butter--with no success.
> What did finally work--after almost 24 hours of misery--was aloe vera gel,
> which I bought at a local health food store.  It really does work.

Richard Yarnell, SHAMBLES WORKSHOPS | No gimmick we try, no "scientific"
Beavercreek, OR. Makers of fine     | fix we attempt, will save our planet
Wooden Canoes, The Stack(R) urban   | until we reduce the population. Let's
composter, fly tying benches        | leave our kids a decent place to live.