RE: [tomato] Befmasters

cvinson@mindspring.com (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 17:49:13 -0400

Chuck,

Thanks for your response. It was illuminating, and I'll forward your note to
Joe Cavanaugh. He asked the questions in the first place about this new
introduction of yours. Maybe you'll take the time to to talk with him about
it when you see him at the Garden State Historical Seed Society's tasting
later this month.

Your new tomato came up in converstation while Joe and I we were talking the
other night.. As GSHSS's director, Joe asked me to be the keynote speaker at
next year's annual tasting. Guess I better let him know you've decided that
he and I don't know much about tomatoes.  It was certainly nice of Joe to
honor your request to be one of the speakers at this year's meeting. Maybe
we'll run into each other at next year's meeting and I just might use your
postings to "warm up the house" <grin>.

Best,
Catharine/Atlanta, zone 7b

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tomato@GlobalGarden.com
[mailto:owner-tomato@GlobalGarden.com]On Behalf Of ChuckWyatt/Md/Z7
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 1999 11:07 AM
To: INTERNET:Tomato@GlobalGarden.com
Subject: RE: [tomato] Befmasters

Hi Catharine,

I have stated before that I suffer from macular degradation and do not do
long e mails.  Your questions seem to indicate the need for a primer in
tomato culture. I would suggest Carolyn Male's book "100 Heirloom Tomatoes
for the American Garden."  It seems to be written at a level you can
uderstand.

Good gardening,
Chuck Wyatt
www.heirloomtomatoes.net