Re: [tomato] Pete's tomato problem

margaret lauterbach (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:34:47 -0700

At 08:32 AM 12/15/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Here are a few things that Pete hasn't told you.
>
>Plants started with super thrive and full strength Mirical gro every 2
>weeks, then mycorrhiza fungi added to that.
>
>Could be way to much fertilizer....
>
>Classical symptoms, big bushy plants with no blossoms.
>
>Most viral infections have leaf/stem discolorations and stunted plants.

That wouldn't account for curling and yellowing of leaves, though, Byron.
He's talking about the tomato version of chile-leaf curl, a
whitefly-transmitted geminivirus. I still would like some documentation for
the comment that indeterminate tomato plants are more prone to nutritional
stress, alleged by Ken Pernezney. Margaret L