Re: [tomato] Tomato cages for potted plants??

DannoMusic@aol.com (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:48:21 EDT

I've never seen any cages like that, but these Glamos cages  <A
HREF="http://www.camden-industrial.com/supply/webSession/store/dept-9/departme
nt/dept-9/item/91700/icn/20-902981/shopper/CI961079889-50617/glamos_wire/73200
9.htm">GLAMOS WIRE TOMATO TOWER 46X24</A> will fit around a pot up to 16
inches in diameter. For pots larger than that, you can stake the cage right
into the pot's soil. Also, you can wire a second one on top if the tomato
grows larger than  4 feet tall.
    Another (and probably better) alternative is to make your own circular
cages out of concrete reinforcement wire and then put that around the whole
pot. A disadvantage is that storage is not as convenient in the winter.
    Sorry that I was unable to help with the pyramid cages.
    Good Luck...
        --Michael

 message dated 6/13/00 2:38:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,