Re: [tomato] pruning tomatillos?

Richard Yarnell (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:53:40 -0700 (PDT)

I've not been successful growing true Tomatillos (at least ones I liked).
But the ground cherry relation which is about my favorite food in the
world, is, by nature a sprawling plant.  Fruiting continues on the growing
portions of the plant until it is killed by frost.  Give it plenty of room
to begin with.

I'm trying one (ground cherry) in a hanging bucket (plant emerging from
the bottom) this year and Susan has got at least one trussed up in a
tomato cage.

On 24 Jul 2000, akum norder wrote:

> Hi there -- I've just spent an hour online looking for information, to
> no avail; I sure hope someone can tell me this! It's my 1st time growing
> tomatillos and I want to know:  can they be pruned? I live in upstate NY
> & my plants are huge. Don't want to damage the plants, but they're
> getting very, very large!  Thanks.

Richard Yarnell, SHAMBLES WORKSHOPS | No gimmick we try, no "scientific"
Beavercreek, OR. Makers of fine     | fix we attempt, will save our planet
Wooden Canoes, The Stack(R) urban   | until we reduce the population. Let's
composter, fly tying benches        | leave our kids a decent place to live.