Re: [tomato] BCTV

Betsy Lasarow Tozzi (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 05:56:37 -0800 (AKDT)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Margaret Lauterbach wrote (to Byron):
> Font of all knowledge, can you explain to me why this site that I can't get
> to again because of my @#$%^ software, says there's no genetic resistance
> to curly top virus? Other research institutions that are in the curly top
> range acknowledge there are seven tomato varieties that are resistant to
> curly top. Margaret L

Hi Margaret, Byron, and all...

I remember noting that (off the top of my head) an OP variety named Roza
is touted to have curly top resistance.  The two sources I remember for it
are Abundant Life and Peters Seed & Research (PSR).  Just re-checked the
PSR pages, and it indicates that "it was bred to resist curly top, VF,
nematodes, and other problems."

So, that's at least one variety that fits the description you gave,
Margaret.  Again supporting the premise that BCTV resistance exists in
some varieties.

Betsy