RE: [gardeners] Source for 4" pots

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 06:47:29 -0700

At 08:00 PM 9/17/97 PDT, you wrote:
>On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:27:01 +0000  Liz Albrook wrote:
>>Talk about getting ahead of yourself... I'm already thinking about
>>next year's gardens!  I'm planning to slack off a bit on the
>veggies,
>>add a cut flower section to the "veggie" garden and start a wider
>>variety of annuals (along with a few perennials) for the borders.
>>
>>I'm going to need some el cheapo 4" pots.  I know I can get peat
>pots
>>but I'd rather get some plastic pots because they're reuseable.
>Does
>>anyone know of a source from which you can buy these pots in groups
>
>>of a hundred or so?
>>
>>Liz

Liz, Lee Valley Garden Tools has 4" pots, 100 for $12.95.  if you don't get
their catalog, call them at 1-800-871-8158 and request it.  I buy flimsy
square 4" pots through a farm store based in Salt Lake City (Steve Regan's
-- don't know if they have a store in your area), about $18 for 900 pots.
Possibly reusable, but possibly not.  I've ordered tools through Lee
Valley, and have been delighted with their service, quality for the money,
etc.  They also have soil blockers.  I have one of these, but have always
been dubious about whether they'd hold together long enough for the roots
to become established sufficiently to hold the potting soil together.  I
envision a slumped mud pie.  Best, Margaret