Re: [gardeners] What was the best and worse?

Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:19:23 -0500 (CDT)

The best was getting out and working in the garden and with the herbs in
containers. Very restful and a good stress reliever. I'm very happy with the
progress of my Spanish and Puerto Rican oregano's and with the various
chile's we planted this year. The worst was losing my santolina and several
lavenders I had propagated from seed. Tomatoes were a disappointment in the
veggie garden but generally are here in the heat and humidity. Cukes weren't
too great either. Long green beans from Fox Hollow Seeds were a major
success considering that we got something like 25 pints canned, probably
another 20 pints we ate fresh, all from one 24-foot row. Envy soybeans were
a bust while the Tongue of Fire shelling beans were good but short-lived.
Both of those came from Johnny's.

George