Re: [gardeners] Jokes I Missed/Lazy Gardening

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 09:38:41 +0000

Margaret wrote:

> Welcome, Cheryl.  I'm interested in more details of your experience with
> newspaper and compost to make an
> untilled garden bed.  How many sheets of newspaper did you use?  What was
> the problem with using only 6" of compost?

Add a welcome from me, too. Would also like to know about about this
method of starting a new bed. I'm wondering if it would work to kill off
the last remains of ivy that I've been hand digging all summer in a new
area back in the woods that I want to plant next Spring.

Catharine
Atlanta, zone 7b