Re: [gardeners] Wednesday

Wed, 12 Nov 1997 20:03:47

At 07:36 PM 11/12/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Steady rain and somewhat chilly today, no gardening out of doors. Miz Anne
>>got a chest cold and I'm cooking her some comfort food, potato/shallot soup
>>with a little chicken bouillion in it. I had to buy the potatoes and
>>bouillion but the rest is stuff we grew including the Mexican tarragon that
>>is flavoring the soup. Well, technically I didn't grow the black pepper but
>>I did grind it with my Turkish coffee grinder.
>>
>>Miss Sleepy Dawg Shirley is lying on my right foot lightly snoring and I'm
>>waiting for Harry Boswell of Mississippi gardening and astronomy fame to
>>stop by this afternoon. He's on his way to San Antone, Texas to watch his
>>eldest son graduate from USAF school. Maybe we'll go eat some gumbo
somewhere.

>Hope Anne is feeling better after your ministrations. Just who is this
>Harry Boswell? Is he more famous for gardening or astronomy? The name rings
>a faint bell. Or am I thinking of another Boswell? BTW, one of our cats,
>Mr. Sylvester, snores lightly. It's a far more comforting sound than
>Erich's, who I always fear will choke.
>
>Cheryl Schaefer
>SchaeferYarns
>beautiful hand painted fibers
>schaefer @epix.net
>Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY

Yep, same Boswell, Harry from Madison, Mississippi, world-famous astronomer
and gardener. Really nice fellow, just left on his way to Texas where he
will spend the night in my home town. We had dinner at Richard's, that's
Ree Chard's for you non-cajun types. Harry had the seafood gumbo and Anne
and I had the shrimp. Harry must be about 6 foot 4 or 5 and built like a
linebacker but he couldn't finish the generous bowl of gumbo at Richard's.
Hopefully he and his wife will stop by on the way back from their sons
graduation from USAF boot camp. We talked flowers and herbs and he was awed
by Miz Anne's art work. Sleepy liked him so he's gotta be alright.

George