Re: [gardeners] Pod / Bible Corn /pizza and books

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 07:14:30 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Lillian Kepp wrote:

> I don't know where it comes from either, but folks call it Bible
> Corn.  But a lot of folks around here (southeren Ohio) call bell
> peppers - mangos.  When I first moved here I saw mangos listed as
> a pizza topping in a pizza shop.  I really didn't want that, but
> later I found out it was bell peppers. :)

Out here, it probably WOULD be mangoes on your pizza.

Obgardening: has anyone read either Binetti's _Shortcuts for accenting
your garden_ (Storey) or Scott-James _Gardening letters to my daughter_
(St. Martin's)?  Both were recommended in the local garden column here.
Guess it's about time for a trip to Powell's bookstore.  But not till
AFTER Dec. 26th.  ;-)

Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
just west of Portland, OR; USDA zone 8