Re: [gardeners] Great Garden Mistakes

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 31 Dec 97 10:16:56 -0600

On Mon, 29 Dec 1997 16:23:30, George Shirley wrote:

>I gotta get some seeds for this stuff. If it's as bad as Liz makes it out
>to be it could maybe survive the squash borers that are endemic to the area.
>
>George, who hasn't grown any summer squash to maturity in 25 years or more

I agree George.  When I plant summer squashes I plant 25 of each variety,
including zucchini.  I'm usually lucky enough to harvest half a dozen baby
zucchini, 3 or 4 yellow crookneck and 1 patty pan before they get frost killed.
If the constata romanesco is so agressive perhaps it would grow here quickly
even with our cool nights.

Terry King                  North Central Eastern Washington
taeking@televar.com        USDA zone 4, Sunset Zone 1