Re: Garden decor was Re: [gardeners] 'Bright Lights'

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 13:07:26 -0700

At 03:00 PM 1/8/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 08:10 AM 08-01-98, George Shirley wrote:
>snip>
>
>Hated to go to

>>>Spiders were my worst fear, too, at my grandparents' farm.  little did I
>>>know that rattlesnakes go down the hole to cool off or warm up, I don't
>>>know which.  They didn't dream rattlers would go there either.  Margaret
>>>>

>>Oh geez Margaret, now I'll have nightmares. I hate rattlesnakes worse than
>>spiders. Must come from having been bitten by a ground rattler when I was
>>about 9 or 10. Only made me sick for a few days but scared the crap outta
>>me, literally.
>>
>>George
>
>George, the best way to quell those nightmares is to spring for an inside
>toilet.  Come on, lad, it's the end of the 20th century and plumbed toilets
>have been around since the Romans, maybe even the Minoans.
>
>Lucinda
yes, but didn't they regard elimination as one of the social functions?
Necessary ingestion still is a social function in this era, but elimination
seems to have "passed" (excuse me) out of favor as a group activity.  At
least in the cultures with which I'm familiar.  I don't recall seeing any
doors at Knossos.  Is that a good title for a rock number?  Margaret, who
still doesn't believe the Atlantis as Thera speculation.