Re: HP was Re: [gardeners] monsterspit revisited

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 06:46:44 +0000

asidv@ktc.com <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> I remember 'em. I've still got a GRID portable (supposedly the same
> model that went to Moon, hah!) stored among the relics of the past.
> Old telex terminals, too.

OOOoooooo, a GRID!  I used to lust after them in PC Magazine.

I can remember my first computer class and typing punch cards.
Annoying as h*ll.  Ole Miss had 2 as in TWO telex terminals then.
Punch cards were such a pain that I used to set my alarm clock for 4
am and go use the terminals.

Class was Fortran.  Now those were the days, the bad old days.

Liz