Re: HP was Re: [gardeners] monsterspit revisited

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 21:08:15 +0000

asidv@ktc.com <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> Catharine, who still has her 78 pound Diablo 630 daisy wheel in the
> basement and wishes printers were still made of steel like that
> monster that will never die

I printed my dissertation on one of those!  Do you know how many
font wheels you have to use to get all the math, greek and geek
(chemistry) symbols to print?  The chem department had a set of 12
different wheels and it took 9 of them to print my dissertation.

Then my thesis advisor got an HP Laserjet III.  It took two hours to
print the final version as opposed to about 8 hours on the Diablo.
The Diablo print was clearer and prettier though.

Liz