Re: HP was Re: [gardeners] monsterspit revisited

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:30:09 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 asidv@ktc.com wrote:

> Kay wrote:
>
> > I'm rather lusting after one of the Tektronics color wax printers...
> > say, the one that can handle up to tabloid size, and print on about
> > anything including sandpaper.  But at $3K, I guess I'll just have
> > to wait.  ;-)
>
> They are NICE printers. Look at it this way: a couple of years ago
> they cost $10K, so $3K is a steal.

The tabloid sized printers are brand new in the last 18 months or so.
Tek has a heck of a deal going... they give you the black wax, which
brings the price per page down to that of most of the usual commercial
laser prices.  Then they make their money back on the colored wax sticks.
;-)

Kay (who can't figure why Tek doesn't want to test their printers
in her home office)