Re: [gardeners] Mother's Cooking was Seeds

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 15:47:19

At 12:29 PM 1/16/98 -0800, you wrote:
>On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, George Shirley wrote:
>
>> like being given turpentine mixed with sugar and lemon juice to sooth a
>> cough and then, to polish off the kid, they would put a mustard plaster on
>> your chest.
>
>My father was a great believer in Fletcher's Castoria.  I learned to hide
>most illness at an early age.  ;-)
>
>Kay Lancaster  kay@fern.com

You either hid it or learned not to sneeze or cough. My great-grandmother
lived with us when I was a boy and she thought all children should have a
dose of warm milk to help them sleep. My mom finally asked me to quit
throwing it out the window as I had killed a couple of jasmine bushes
feeding them warm milk. I still don't care for milk to this day. Grannie
Smith also believed in a big dose of cod liver oil every spring to
"cleanse" the system. Gag!!!

George