Re: [gardeners]Cabbage Loopers [was: Seeds]

Fri, 16 Jan 1998 17:55:01

At 02:39 PM 1/16/98 -0700, you wrote:

>>>I take it you are not a democrat, George. :-)
>>>
>>>Cheryl Schaefer
>>>schaefer @epix.net
>>>Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY
>>>
>>Wash out your mouf' with soap!!! No yeller dog democrats in my family, even
>>my liberal, left-wing, feminazi daughter is slowly converting to the true
>>path.<VBG>
>>
>>George
>>
>Ahem.  Yeller dogs are not a prerequisite...but it's nigh impossible to be
>a Democrat in Idaho.  It's a one-party state.  I know the woman who is the
>aide to the Senate Democrats -- all three of them, one retiring after this
>session.
>
>George, I have your seeds packed up and as soon as I turn off ye olde
>computer, I'll go to the p.o. and mail them.  Margaret

Back in the early Sixties there were only two registered Republicans in my
home county in Texas. Nearly tore my Daddy's heart out that they were Anne
and I. Dad was a "machine" Democrat, always voted the straight democratic
ticket. Only jumped party lines twice in his life - both times Hubert
Humphrey ran. Dad always referred to him as "that SOB." Incidentally, my
dad's brother was the Demo Party chairman in that county for about 30 years.

Your seeds went off a few days ago, regular mail. Same thing with Kay's
neckties. Just got an emessage from Richter's that they were mailing my
seeds from there. Lick, slurp, dig out the seedling pots.

George, waiting for the seed bounty to roll in from the catalogs. After
today I gotta plant something.