Re: [gardeners] Fw: Propogating Tree Collards

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:14:58 +0000

George wrote:

> Your bubble is busted, being a Texian I'm actually a westerner, not a
> southerner. Only reason we seceded from the Union was to get a chance to
> shoot some Yankees. No one in my family liked collards so I never got used
> to them. Mom and Dad liked mustard greens but I wouldn't eat them for years
> and have just started eating them mixed with other greens. Might plant some
> collards just to see if my tastes have changed in 40 some years. Did start
> eating grits again this year after I swore I never would.

George, wash out yur mouth. For shame. I'm a Texian and I am definitely a
Southroner, since my folks got to Texas via Lousyanna at the close of the
Late Unpleasantness. Texians from Tyler down to Corpus all consider
themselves Southroners. It's them Texians from the Panhandle and such
places that may be passin' so to speak. And then there are the folk from
Midland headed to El Paso....them's is the westerners. Still, they is
western Southroners in my book <bg>

Catharine, Texian in exile in Atlanta