Re: [gardeners] Pinetree

Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:16:28

At 04:25 PM 1/30/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 02:44 PM 30-01-98, you wrote:
>snip>
>>My daughter has an 8-hp Troybilt but the problem is getting a truck to get
>>it the 125 miles from her house to ours. I can rent tillers at the local
>>u-rent place, Troybilt at that, but it's still a truck problem. They charge
>>as much to drop it off and pick it up as the rental fee. My next door
>>neighbor has a tiller and doesn't even garden anymore but he and I don't
>>get along to well. We're cordial to each other but not what you could call
>>buddies. I think the Mantis or, even better, a small rear tine tiller would
>>do the jobs we need. We have a small lot with a big house.
>>
>>George
>>
>What happened to grandson with double-axel pick-up truck?  L.

454 big bore Chevy engine drinks gasoline, starter problems, etc. he
finally sold it at my daughters insistence. Money from sale is in bank
awaiting his amassing enough to buy a better small pickup. My mechanic got
the T-bird running again and I am dickering with the local junk truck guy
to see about swopping him out of an old truck. Would solve my hauling
problem and we only need a second vehicle for use around town.

George