Re: [gardeners] What would you do?

Michael & Bambi Cantrell (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 22:52:48 -0500

Ma wrote:

>Be hospitable.  Invite them into the living room. Gardeners aren't
>housekeepers.  What is a little mud compared with roses in June?

Oh, Lord!! Now I know I have a fever. I am hallucinating when I read notes
like this from The Empress of Clean. Mother, confess: no mud has ever
dared cross your doorstep, and I've never seen you invite the roses into
the living room except properly dunked into vases.

Catharine, the messy one in the family.

Catharine,

I too, looked twice when I noticed this post from your mother!  :-)
Oh, Pat, if only you knew the stories Catharine told us before each of your
visits!  :-)

Bambi--who's mother has also taught all the mud at her house to stay
outside!  :-)
Coastal NC
Zone 8
Sunset zone 31