Re: [gardeners] This 'n that

Wed, 08 Apr 1998 19:23:38

At 06:39 PM 4/8/98 -0600, you wrote:

>>Did I mention previously that my Tumbler tomatoes have fruit and I can only
>>hope we will have fresh tomatoes by May 15th. Yeah, I'm sure I did but
>>being the modest gardener I am will mention it again. Particularly for
>>those brethern and sistern up no'th. <VBG>
>>
>>George
>>
>Actually, I think you told us you'd been eating those Tumbler tomatoes.
>Eatin' them green?  Or stretching the truth?  Margaret

Nope, been eating HeatWave II's, off'n a plant leftover from last fall. Got
the last one the other day and then yanked the sucker to make room for
newer varieties. We're sorta in between tomatoes right now. Thought I might
buy one at the supermarket until I saw the sickly looking things. Kind of a
pale pink with overtones of not ripe yet green, hard as a rock.

George