Re: [gardeners] Voting Soon?

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 21:27:22 +0000

Lucinda wrote:

> I think not yet, George.  Liz has got to grow her hair longer, invest in a
> hairspray company and then stick her finger in a light socket.  And we
> gotta call her Sister.  I think there's more to it....watercress samiches
> with tuna or some such.

Of course, Liz could join the same Garden Club with which  I find
myself  entangled (for the nonce). It's the club that has had
me madly buying herbs for the last several months, writing a catalog, and
generally letting my garden go to Hades as I slave to make money for The
Club.

This Garden Club used to Keep Standards High: Potential members
were nominated, screened, voted on, admitted as provisionals, attended
monthly meetings (with perfect attendence or you were dropped from the
member list) for a full two years before being "elevated" to the lofty
heights of Full Member.

Verily, verily, it was the epitome of selectivity and exclusivity.
Alas, they had to open the doors and admit riff raff like me when the
club was ripped assunder from inside by the bickering of its carefully
selected membership. The club is now well on its way to imploding. <bg>

Catharine