Re: Snaps was Re: [gardeners] Voting Soon?

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:00:56 -0600

At 11:27 PM 4/9/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Liz wrote:
>
>> That sucker is blooming right now!  I saw it last week and didn't
>> believe my eyes so I took her a basket of forsythia stems and chatted
>> her up about that camelia.  She doesn't do anything but throw some
>> straw around the base for winter protection.  I almost cried when I
>> saw it -- Grandma had one just like it.
>
>Take cuttings!
>
>Catharine

UB stands for "you bet," too.  Now that that hummer is acclimated to the,
ummmm, scent...and climate of Lewiston, Idaho, a cutting would be just the
thing.  Get that baby rooted while you scout around your yard for exactly
the right microclimate to plant it in, once it roots.  If that's the only
gardening thang you do this year, it will be a biggie.  Margaret