Re: [gardeners] Garden Clubs

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:53:38 +0000

penny x stamm <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> She's into glass blowing with a vengeance, with classes at
> the college just across the Mighty Mississippi, and in the mail
> today I received a BIG surprise:  a new hand-blown glass vase for
> small flower cuttings!  It's white on the interior showing thru the
> glass, very heavy which is good, has a few well-placed bubbles
> embedded in the glass, and a random bead of turquoise glass near the
> bottom. Lovely!

That sounds beautiful, Penny.  I love glass but quit collecting it
when we got pet cats.  I have an array of tiny objects that can be
used to hold miniature flower arrangements but vases for the next
size up are difficult to find.  I think I'll have to suggest to one
of my sisters that she might enjoy glass blowing.

Liz