Re: [gardeners] OT: Sometimes the world

Wed, 29 Apr 1998 19:18:44

At 03:33 PM 4/29/98 +0000, you wrote:
I think the paragraph below  says it all. If more of us became "just a
decent sort of person" then the world would be a better place to live. I'm
rapidly approaching my sixth decade of life and have seen the norm go from
common courtesy prevails to rudeness rules. I detest what our culture has
become but still believe that there are good people in that culture and
that they are a silent majority to paraphrase the politicos. It may be time
for us to be less silent to ensure that we leave our children and
grandchildren a place to live that is not so life-threatening on an
everyday basis. Forget the personal agendas, forget the "I got mine" idea,
forget the road rage and thoughtless violence that prevails. Just commit to
simple courtesy, be polite to everyone, and honest in your dealings. In
other words, be another Pete Stucky, and hope for the very best.

A bit simplistic I'm sure but the only answer I have to what takes place on
a daily basis in our world. The good people of Lewiston demonstrated that
view with their attitude toward the death of a good man. I grieve with them.

George