Re: [gardeners] Rotten week/day

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 1 May 1998 22:12:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 2 May 1998, penny x stamm wrote:

> Wow, George, I didn't think you EVER complained!  Didn't
> they give you antibiotics..?  Certainly hope that you will be
> rid of your misery very speedily..

Hot packs, George... and/or codeine, morphine, or a cast iron
skillet across the skull.  It's sulfur showers and scotch broom
season here, and it's almost enough to make me reach for the
scotch.   Gaaaa-choo!

> Put them back into stronger salt water, no luck. Doggonit,
> I was mad, and certainly frustrated! After all, if I have to eat
> some worms, please, for heaven's sake, don't tell me about
> it ahead of time!!!   (Nor afterwards, either....)

First rule of eating... never look at what you intend to eat
too closely.  I think I kept an entire class from eating strawberries
when I picked some with mites to show the achenes (the "seeds" on the
outside".  ;-)

Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
just west of Portland, OR; USDA zone 8 (polarfleece)