Re: [gardeners] Taste and smell

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 12 May 1998 06:00:29 -0400

At 10:13 PM 5/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, was just thinking about taste and smell in different people.
><snip>
>Matt Trahan  <matttrahan@ecsu.campus.mci.net>

An interesting topic Matt, since I've been having a field day sniffing my
tulips.  I planted several varieties and the are just beautiful, but for
the most part they don't all smell that great.

Most of them are Darwin's and I didn't expect any odor, one color has a
distinct vegetable odor, one has an apple/pear kinda smell, the Greenlands
smelled sweet and fruity right after picking, but as the day wore on they
began to have a rotten fruit smell, very cloying.  Some smell like honey.

It's been great fun sticking my nose in them throughout the day.  I've
heard of geographic tongue, so maybe there are geographic noses.

Cynthia

**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **
** http://rdz.stjohns.edu/lists/fiftysomethingwomen/ **